Need help with code-structur according EAP-TLS and the 4-way handshake

Arne Keller ArneKeller
Wed Oct 29 03:54:01 PDT 2008

Hello at all,

I'm trying to understand the hostapd code for a time now ;)
In the moment I understood the way the state machine in wpa.c works, especially by reading the ieee 802.11i standard.

My problem is that I can't find the point where hostapd starts the state machine in wpa.c after a successfull EAP-TLS communication. Can somebody tell me where the link is between EAP-SUCCESS and starting the 4-WAY HANDSHAKE?

regardes

Arne