Marvell gspi 8686 spec needed

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Oct 21 06:06:34 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 11:38 +0530, Raghavendra wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Any body has marell GSPI 8686 wifi chipset specification. please
> share it with me?

You'll need to get this information from Marvell and probably sign an
NDA for access to the firmware specifications and the chip databook.

>  Also I have few doubts
>
>       * How many clients can be connected in Ad-Hoc mode

This doesn't matter to the chip, it's mostly a function of how congested
the channel gets when lots of stations are in the same area.  Any
chipset will have problems if the RF is too congested, you'll see
dropped frames and lots of retries and stuff will just be slow.

>       * Whether this chipset has router functionality, I mean can we
>         make it a AP?

If you have the the "softap" firmware, then yes, you can do this.

Dan