wpa_supplicant and hostapd configuration for 802.11r

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Oct 13 18:08:22 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 07:36:54AM -0700, Ahmad Ali Tabassam wrote:

> I used the hostapd 0.6.4 and wpa_supplicant 0.6.4. My hostpad.conf and wpa_supplicant are given below.

> interface=ath1
> bridge=br0
> driver=madwifi

IEEE 802.11r requires driver support and madwifi does not provide the
needed functionality. At this point, your best bet could be to use ath9k
(or ath5k with a pending patch to enable AP mode).. At this point,
802.11r is still quite recent and not exactly easy to get running due to
the need for additional driver support.