applying openssl patch for EAP-FAST support

Dan Williams dcbw
Mon Oct 13 04:56:25 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 14:45 +0530, Paresh Sawant wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to incorporate EAP-FAST support in hostapd, and I came across
> info that says I need to apply patch openssl-tls-extensions.patch into
> openssl to get the support.
>
> It seems to me the patch is just diff between original and modified
> code, I would like to know if the patch is to be applied manually by
> copying code or there is some other better way to do this.

In the OpenSSL source directory, you do:

patch -p1 < /path/to/openssl-tls-extensions.patch

and then you rebuild OpenSSL, then you rebuild wpa_supplicant against
the new OpenSSL.  Then, you email upstream OpenSSL and ask them nicely
what the status of the patch is and why it (or something that provides
the same functionality) isn't upstream yet :)  We all want it to go
upstream to OpenSSL, but they have been pretty reluctant for some
reason.

Dan