Does wpa supplicant version 0.6.4 support Windows Server2008NAP IEEE802.1X Enforcement ?

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Oct 1 23:42:12 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 12:09:05PM +0900, Tomonari Yoshimura wrote:

> I tested using the SoH example that is shown in the previous mail.
> The EAP authentication completes successfully,
> however the following messages are received from Server 2008,
> EAP-TLV: Unsupported TLV Type 7
> EAP-TLV: Unsupported TLV Type 12
> I suppose TLV Type7 and 12 are not mandatory for NAP authentication, so these are ignored.

Nice to hear that authentication went through with that, so it sounds
like it would probably be enough to add the missing TODO entries into
the SSoH generation code. Could you please send me a complete debug log
showing this authentication sequence? I'm somewhat surprised about the
difference between your test and the Compound_MAC failure that James Woo
reported.

TLV type 7 is a vendor specific TLV and I would expect that it can be
ignored safely (and it wasn't marked mandatory).

TLV type 12 is crypto-binding and I'm surprised of it showing up here
(and of it not being marked mandatory).. wpa_supplicant has code for
processing this TLV (EAP_TLV_CRYPTO_BINDING_TLV) and as such, it should
not show up as an unsupported TLV..