about "Open System" and "Shared System" Authentication Type?

c4linux c4linux c4linux
Tue Nov 25 01:21:41 PST 2008

Thanks for your help
But i found that if I set AP with a password in an OpenSystem
Authentication, STA can always connect the AP and access its resource , Why?
OpenSystem Authentication need no password?