wpa_supplicant Integration with Linux Domain Login

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Nov 20 10:13:03 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 02:40:36PM +0530, SYED ANWAR UL HASAN wrote:

> ? I want to use wpa_supplicant to use Linux Domain Login Credentials instead of mentioning in the conf file about the identity of user i.e? user at somedomain and also specifying his password.
>
> My Linux User Domain Authentication is done using Active Directory Kerberos with PAM UNIX configuration and I want wpa_supplicant to read the Login Identity so that a Single Sign On Solution can be possible with 802.1X for Linux Supplicants .

There is currently no support for doing that in the wpa_supplicant. Or
well, I would assume it would be possible to write an external program
to do that and use it with wpa_supplicant, but anyway, this is not
included as an integrated part of wpa_supplicant.

Would you happen to know whether there is a supported PAM API for
receiving the username and cleartext password for the currently logged
in user? Any pointers to documentation for such an API?