LEAP support in Hostapd 0.9.5

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Nov 19 04:45:44 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 09:14:24AM +0530, Queenie de Melo wrote:

> Could you advise why I could be getting Leap Option at my Client end when I
> use the authenticator as hostapd and I dont get the option with the same
> client when I use a different authenticator(product DIR-655 - i dont know
> internally which application acts like the authenticator)

I think that DIR-655 is using hostapd as the Authenticator..

> Is there a way to check this and make sure the Clients connected to my AP in
> which hostapd is the authenticator does not get LEAP option at the client
> end ( else that will confuse them as Actually as u mentioned LEAP option
> wont be present)

Authenticator does not really have much role in selecting which EAP
methods are available and I don't know how it could indicate to the
client that LEAP is not available as an option. Which client
implementation (including version) are you using?