understanding eloop.c

Arne Keller arnekeller
Mon Nov 17 04:08:00 PST 2008

Hello @ all,

I'm trying so understand the hostapd code for a while now.
Step by step it's getting more clear to me how everything is working.

The Problem I'm facing right now is that I don't understand the function
of eloop completely.

I figured out that in eloop.c the overall eventloop is implemented. But
I don't understand the behavior of eloop_run(). Everything starts here
an every function goes bak to this point. What I don't see is how
functions are called again after they are exited, I don't understand how
functions are called from here either.

Is this a socket thing?

I hope some of you can get me on the right track.

Regards

Arne