wpa_supplicant and hidden ssid

Katharina Brandl kathi.brandl
Sun Nov 2 23:39:55 PST 2008

Hi,

yes, I'm using iwl3945. with ap_scan=1 and scan_ssid=1 I can connect
with "wpa_suppcliant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i wlan0" followed from
"dhcpcd". But I get the message "ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not
supported". Can this cause a problem?
Another thing, which might be interesting: for using netcfg profiles
with hidden ssid network you have to put the line SCAN="no" into the
profile file. If not you'll get the message: network unavailable.

Kathi