Why EAPOL packet are sended but never received.

Jouni Malinen j
Wed May 7 02:22:30 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 05:18:21PM +0800, ? ? wrote:

> ??????My problem is:
> ????? EAPOL packet are sended but never received. Switch:Cisco Catalyst 2950 series; PC/os: linux
> plus: When I use windows XP to authentication, the switch will? response normally.

Which version of wpa_supplicant are you using? Which network card and
driver are you using?

The EAPOL frame from the wired authenticator would be a multicast packet
and wpa_supplicant subscribes for that multicast group. It sounds like
something fails to deliver the frame to wpa_supplicant in this
particular case. Could you please test whether setting the interface
manually into promiscuous mode ("ifconfig eth0 promisc") would help? It
would also be interesting to see whether a packet sniffer (e.g.,
Wireshark or tcpdump) seems the EAPOL frame on the client.