wpa_supplicant/NM fallback to WPA?

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue May 6 09:55:19 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 18:36 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an AP here (not mine) that fails doing RSN but works fine when
> forced to use WPA.
>
> Do you think wpa_supplicant should try WPA if both are allowed and RSN
> fails?

Probably; I need to redo the connection stuff in NM to just keep
retrying the connection for a bit (and maybe then taking down the
device, bringing it back up, then trying again after an interval).
People really don't expect to be asked for a key again, and it turns out
that the number of people who enter the wrong key is pretty small.  So
better conneciton failure management is something that NM needs to do.

Dan