How does hostapd support for WPS with WEP encryption?

lorin liu jordanliuster
Sun Mar 16 23:40:18 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Now I am add the function of WPS(refer to intel Wsccmd application),
and when AP is in WPA/WPA2 mode, wireless client  can be connected
successfully through WPS.
However, if I try the WEP security in AP and through WPS client can
get the correct networking profile, but can't obtain the IP address,
and if I kill hostapd process in AP, then client can get ip address,
so it seems hostapd need make some modifications. Below is the file of
hostapd.conf:

interface=ath0
bridge=br0
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2
debug=0
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=3
ieee8021x=1
eap_server=1
eap_user_file=/etc/hostapd.eap_user
eap_message=hello
eapol_key_index_workaround=0
own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1
wpa=0

Does anyone know what is the modification of hostapd for WPS supporting WEP?

--
Best Regards,

Lorin Liu