WPA failure with AR6000

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Mar 13 10:21:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 08:57:36AM -0700, William Hegardt wrote:

> Having trouble getting a new ARM based platform up and running that uses an
> AR6000 radio.
> WPA almost works but fails to complete and authentication seems to start
> over again.
> If anyone is willing to take a look and point me in the right direction
> towards solving this, I would be most appreciative.
> The supplicant driver interface is based on madwifi. I've tried supplicant
> versions 0.4.9, 0.5.10, and also 0.6.3 which generated the trace below.

Where did you get the driver and the wpa_supplicant driver wrapper for
the driver? This is not included in the wpa_supplicant main
distribution.

Do you know whether any of these versions have been tested on ARM? The
debug log seems to show some odd results that may indicate that there
are interoperability issues in the kernel interface between the driver
and the driver wrapper. I don't know whether these are specific to ARM
or whether there is something more generic that is broken here.. I would
ask this question from whoever provides you the driver and driver
wrapper code.

For example, this does not look very promising:

WPA: No WPA/RSN IE for this AP known. Trying to get from scan results
Received 0 bytes of scan results (0 BSSes)
Scan results: 350000
Not enough room for all APs (350000 < 128)
WPA: Could not find AP from the scan results

I would assume this is not the only thing that goes wrong in the driver
configuration..