ndisuio dosn't receive packets

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Mar 8 00:16:48 PST 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 08:12:28AM +0100, Thomas Unterleitner wrote:

> The Problem is, that we dosn't receive inside wpa_supplicant the second
> packet (EAP,Request, Identity [FSC3748]). We sniff the network traffic and
> we see, that the switch send this packet. But wpa_supplicant timed out after
> a while with (Authentication with xx:xx:xx:... timed out.). It looks like we
> can only send EAPOL Start via ndisuio.

NDISUIO is limited to just a single application using the
receive-EAPOL-frames functionality. If something else on the system is
trying to do the same, wpa_supplicant won't be able to use NDISUIO for
this. However, I would expect this to cause initialization to fail.

Do you have any particular reason for using NDISUIO or would use of
WinPcap be suitable for this system? WinPcap provides a more generic
mechanism for receiving EAPOL frames and does not have this type of
limitation on how many applications can use it at the same time.