Problem with wpa_supplicant: IOCTL error.

wilk3ert wilk wilk3ert
Thu Mar 6 09:05:05 PST 2008

Hi *,
I have a big problem to configure the WPA-Enterprise option.
When I start wpa_sup (with wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0_rename
-c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf) appear this error:

ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported

WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported

WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - Failed to initialize control interface
> 'DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant/ GROUP=wheel

You may have another wpa_supplicant process already running or the file was
> left by an unclean termination of wpa_supplcant in which case you will need
> to manually remove this file before starting wpa_supplicant again.

But I haven't an another wpa_supplicant process running on my pc!
I've got an iBook G4, with debian os and 2.6.24-1 kernel.
I've got a bcm4306 (the apple airport extreme).
I think that wpa_supplicant 0.6.2 dosn't support driver for bcm4306: infact
I used wext for driver and not broadcom.
How can I resolve this problem?

Please help me.
Thank you.

Regards.