Nokia E65, E51 connection problem with bridge and madwifi (Re: help urgently needed!)

Sven Nielsen post
Sun Mar 2 09:00:32 PST 2008

I did not try using NAT since this requires setting up dhcp on the
embedded AP devices. It might work without the bridge, but I have to use
some kind of bridge setup since, well, I need a LAN Access point and not
a router here. ;-)

At a guess, problem is Nokia together with madwifi, as WEP (no hostapd)
and WPA exhibit the same connection problem (Nokia outbound ok, inbound
to Nokia fails)

I will try to get some info on the madwifi chat tomorrow.
Still, the problem is most probably caused by the Nokia phones since my
laptop has a reliable and stable connection, so I can only hope the guys
at madwifi know this problem already and know how to solve it.

regards,
sven