ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Jun 17 12:08:21 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 07:56:10PM +0200, Marcin Ni?kiewicz wrote:

> did everything like in documentation (i guess so) and i can't make my
> wireless card work ...

> lsmod shows:
> iwl4965               195176  0
> mac80211              119692  1 iwl4965

> ap_scan=2

ap_scan=2 and mac80211 is not a good combination since mac80211 does not
have code for selecting an AP and it expect wpa_supplicant to do that.
Unfortunately, this is not clearly documented anywhere (I think).. Please
try this with ap_scan=1.