eapol_test tool against other servers than freeradius

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jun 13 07:41:16 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 03:44:59PM +0200, Dana Blanaru wrote:

> Though I have errors related to the server certificate... The server
> certificate (server_keycert.pem: the certificate and private key are in the
> same file) is on the server side, but maybe eapol_test expects it to be at a
> specific path? Or to be in a different format?

Server? You should not need to configure server certificate (and
certainly not the server private key) for the client. Anyway, the
"errors" here are actually warnings. wpa_supplicant/eapol_test asks
OpenSSL to first load the file as a DER file and that fails since you
are using PEM format. When OpenSSL is asked to load the data in PEM
format, that goes through without problems. In other words, the log you
sent did not indicate any real problems.