wpa_supplicant v0.6.3 loses connection, then reconnects to a different AP

David Ehrmann ehrmann
Wed Jun 4 15:46:36 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

> It could be any number of reasons; either the AP actually kicked you
> off, at which point you should get a reason code in the diassoc/deauth
> frames from the AP, or maybe the firmware missed too many beacons from
> the AP because you are almost out of range, or because somebody turned
> on a microwave, or maybe scans take too long and something is triggering
> scans.  A whole lot of reasons but only the driver knows.

I am almost out of range, but the link quality seems good enough for a
slow connection, interactive ssh is fine, and when it's working, I see
large packet ping losses < 1%, so I would *think* layer 2 retries
would be enough to keep me from getting disassociated.

But the only way to know is poke around in the driver.