hostapd: Segmentation fault when using WPA with nl80211

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Jun 4 01:16:32 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 06:01:45PM +1000, Tim Connolly wrote:

> I have been able to successfully get an open AP going but when trying to use
> WPA I consistently get a segmentation fault during negotiation. This seems to
> be happening when returning from driver_nl80211.c:get_key_handler().

Could you please try running hostapd under valgrind or gdb to get full
backtrace of functions at the time of the segmentation fault?

> While composing this message I realised that to get hostapd to build I had
> commented out the following line in driver_nl80211.c:
>    #include <net/if.h>
> and left the following line uncommented in Makefile:
>     CFLAGS += -DUSE_KERNEL_HEADERS -I/usr/src/linux/include

I've resolved the header file conflicts in the current development
version of hostapd by replacing '#include <linux/wireless>' with
'#include "wireless_copy.h"' in driver_nl80211.c. What made you
uncomment the USE_KERNEL_HEADERS definition?