WPA-PSK doesn't seem to work.

Bryan Chin totalrvd
Sun Jul 27 05:24:41 PDT 2008

Judging from what you mention, I don't think there is anything wrong with your configuration in wpa_supplicant. Most probably, you might have set a radius setting in your D-Link AP somewhere( which you should disable it).  > Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:00:46 +0200> Subject: WPA-PSK doesn't seem to work.> From: info at sorcix.com> To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com> > Hi guys,> > This is the first time I'm sending to a mailing list,> so I hope I didn't do something wrong here. ^^> > I have a wireless network protected with WPA-PSK, but for some reason> wpa_supplicant seems to be using EAP when connecting (and fails). I'm trying> to fix this for several days now, and have tried lots of different> configurations, but none worked.> > Output: http://doc.sorcix.com/public/wpa/wpa_supplicant.txt> Config: http://doc.sorcix.com/public/wpa/demunetap.conf> Router setup: http://doc.sorcix.com/public/wpa/router.jpg> > Router: DLink DIR-635> WNIC: DLink DWA-547 (Chipset AR5416) using ndiswrapper> > -->
  > I have tried the same configuration on another router (USR XX5462), including> the same PSK and SSID. It worked perfectly on this one! wpa_supplicant> never even mentioned EAP and connected in a few seconds.> > --> > Because wpa_supplicant seems to be using EAP where it shouldn't, I tried to> compile without EAP support, but then wpa_supplicant just said it needed> EAP to connect to my DLink router.> > --> > This might be interesting also:> Windows is able to connect to my router, but complains that it needs a> certificate. The connection works as expected though, it just says every 10> minutes that it couldn't find a certificate.> > > > Is there any way to fix this problem, or at least just do it as windows> and ignore the certificate stuff? I have not setup a certificate on the> router> so I don't understand why I should need one, or even how I should make one.> > > _______________________________________________> HostAP mailing list> HostAP at lists.shmoo.com> http://list
 s.shmoo.com/mailman/listinfo/hostap
Check out Barclays Premier League exclusive video clips here!
http://fc.sg.msn.com/index.aspx