EAP state machine question

Chuck Tuffli CTuffli
Mon Jul 14 20:31:43 PDT 2008

I'm implementing a new EAP type and in a certain state, want the EAP method to restart the PAE state machine (ie PAE should disconnect and start scanning). Setting portEnabled to FALSE seems to get the PAE back to the DISCONNECTED state, but the PAE doesn't appear to transition into CONNECTING as I expected. Literally all the state calls is eapol_set_bool(). Does there also need to be a call to eapol_sm_step()? Is there a better way to do this from one of the other state machines (BE or PAE)?

---chuck