wpa_supplicant in daemon mode with out any interface details

Chuck Tuffli CTuffli
Tue Jan 22 08:55:34 PST 2008

We do something similar in our test environment. Our wpa_supplicant.conf
file is essentially

eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

and then we do subsequent configuration via the control interface. If
you want to do this without loading a driver, you might need to start
the supplicant with the -w option, but IIRC this option will be going
away in a future release.

---chuck

________________________________

	From: hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com
[mailto:hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com] On Behalf Of Sukku
	Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:17 PM
	To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
	Subject: wpa_supplicant in daemon mode with out any interface
details

	Hi all,

	I am searching for a solution "How to start wpa_supplicant in
daemon mode with out giving any configuration and interface options, so
that I can give the detials by wpa_cli when ever I required to connect."

	I have two interfaces eth0 and wlan0,  some times I use eth0 and
some times wlan0 for connectivity.  So what I am thinking is, I will
start wpa_supplicant as a startup script by without giving any
interface, username and password deatils. After booting up, depending
upon my requirement I will pass the details to wpa_supplicant daemon by
wpa_cli.

	Can any tell me, is this works or not?

	Thanks and regards,
	Sukumar

	DSP Group, Inc. automatically scans all emails and attachments
using MessageLabs Email Security System.