[0.6.x PATCH] SIGUSR1 changes debug level

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jan 21 19:40:45 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 01:10:52AM +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:

> Could the existing "level" ctrl_iface command be made to manipulate both the
> verbosity of the attached client and the wpa_supplicant process too? Or is it
> best left to another distinct command?

I would rather not use that command for changing the process debug
level. The LEVEL command is used to allow each monitor program to
control the verbosity level of the events from wpa_supplicant and as
such, it must allow multiple, different configurations. The process
debug level should not change to match this level.