wpa_supplicant service fails to autostart on Fedora 8

Reik Red reikred
Sat Jan 19 10:22:22 PST 2008

Dan, thanks for the response.

Since I posted last, I tried to move wpa_supplicant from
S28 to S09, and it did in fact solve my problem.

mmv "/etc/rc.d/rc?.d/S28wpa_supplicant" "/etc/rc.d/rc#1.d/S09wpa_supplicant"

I also discovered /etc/dhclient-wlan0.conf "timeout 10;" as a way to reduce
the pain of waiting (when the expected AP is not available). Plus
I got wpa_gui installed to help see what is happening!

Since I do not need to mount /usr from the network, this will at least get me
to where I want to be.

Looks like a tricky problem overall to please everyone. I'll look into the
LSB (note to self: LSB is Linux Standard base), but it is probably beyond my
capabilities :)

Thanks again for the insight.

Reik