Please help me connect to this wireless network

Shiv Jairam linuxfreak87
Wed Jan 9 20:40:49 PST 2008

Hey all,

I'm using the wicd network manager, which presumably uses wpa_supplicant.

I'm trying to connect to a wireless network. Here are the instructions for
doing so on a windows xp machine.
http://www.brooklaw.edu/it/wireless/instructions.pdf

Well I tried using wicd with the security configuration of PEAP - TKIP. I
entered my student ID and password. But in the path to "CA Certification" I
left it black. Then tried connecting, but it won't get an IP address.

So I did the same as the above, but I just placed some random path (my home
dir) for the CA certification. But it still does not work. (I have no idea
what the certificate is/means).

I also tried the second PEAP security setting on wicd, but that doesnt
work!!

Maybe it can be done my editing the wpa_supplicant config file with some
special settings. I've been trying for a (very) long time to connect to this
network with no luck. Can someone please read the instructions linked above
and tell me if its even possible.

This is unbelievably frustrating. I've been from forum to forum, IRC channel
to channel. But no one can help.

Regards.
--
Shiv Jairam