w1.fi (a.k.a. hostap.epitest.fi) hard drive failure

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Jan 8 21:24:40 PST 2008

It looks like the hard drive on the w1.fi (hostap.epitest.fi) server
has died and consequently the web site and Git and CVS repositories have
been down for couple of days. In addition, some of my email from Friday
is likely to be lost, so if you sent me something on Friday (Jan 4th), I
may not have received it (and that "Friday" should be read as late
Thursday to early Saturday on PST timezone).

At this point, I'm not sure how and when the server will be brought back
to life, so I moved the web server and Git repository to be available
from a temporary server from my home (i.e., with greatly reduced
bandwidth). w1.fi should point to the new IP address (or will within an
hour or so if the old address is still cached). hostap.epitest.fi may
take bit longer to get the cached entries updated.

CVS repository and Bugzilla are not currently available and I have no
plans on bringing them back while the service remain on the temporary
server.