Internal TLS/crypto in wpa supplicant

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Jan 8 19:00:33 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 10:17:31AM +0530, Mahendra Prajapat wrote:

> X509: issuer C=IN, ST=Karnataka, L=Bangalore, O=SAMSUNG, OU=SISO,
> CN=Mahen/emailAddress=mahendra.p at samsung.com
> X509: subject C=IN, ST=Karnataka, L=Bangalore, O=SAMSUNG, OU=SISO,
> CN=Mahen/emailAddress=mahendra.p at samsung.com

> X509: Extension: extnID=1.3.6.1.5.5.7.1.14 critical=255

How did you generate this certificate? It seems to be a proxy
certificate based on the extension, but the subject field does not seem
to meet the requirements for proxy certificates.. After reading some
more about proxy certificates, I'm not that sure I would even want to
support these for WPA/IEEE 802.1X authentication. Is there any
particular reason for using proxy certificates for whatever you are
doing?