Strange connection lost

Dmitry Shmidt dimitrysh
Wed Feb 27 18:29:02 PST 2008

Hi,

I am using wpa_supplicant 0.5.10 with ported custom driver.
AP is WRT54G with FreemanBasic FW V 1.0.4.
AP configured with WPA-RADIUS/TKIP, key renewal timeout = 600 sec.

Type of connection: WPA-EAP-PEAP
network={
     ssid="test1x_radius"
     key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
     eap=PEAP
     identity=xxx
     password=yyy
     phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
}

I found out that some time before key renewal station can not talk to host.
After key renewal everything works fine for some time and then everything is
repeated again.
My theory is that AP blocks traffic because key is out of date.

1) Who initiates key renewal exchange ? I didn't see any "invitations" from
AP.
2) Is my theory right or I am digging into wrong direction at all ?

Thanks,

Dmitry