[hostapd] Heng from Malaysia

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Feb 5 18:42:07 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 02:48:02PM +0000, Heng Fook Yau wrote:

> I can't find  /etc/init.d/hostapd after i make install. How i going to start the hostapd  daemon?

That sounds like a Linux distro specific startup file. It is not part of
the hostapd source code package and as such, 'make install' does not
install it.

> Which of the following in .config file is  correct? The (1) or (2)?
> My driver path is  /usr/src/madwifi-0.9.3.1
>
> (1) CFLAGS += -I/usr/src/madwifi-0.9.3.1
> (2) CFLAGS += -I../usr/src/madwifi-0.9.3.1

(1)

> How to use  the hostapd command? Example, I want to start the daemon background, $hostapd -B  <configuration file(s)>.
> What should I type for the file name?

Which file name? The configuration file?

You can run hostapd, e.g., with hostapd -B /etc/hostapd.conf
(assuming you put the configuration file in /etc directory)