Interop with your implementation of EAP-AKA'

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Dec 26 09:32:53 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 01:58:59PM +0530, yogendra pal wrote:

> I would like to interop with your implementation of the EAP-AKA'.
> Could you guide me how i can use your hostap with freeradius.

The easiest mechanism for such an interop test would be to build
eapol_test (part of wpa_supplicant package). It is a combination of EAP
peer implementation from wpa_supplicant and RADIUS client from hostapd
and as such, it can talk directly to a RADIUS authentication server. See
following address for more information about eapol_test:
http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/testing_tools.html#eapol_test

For an EAP-AKA' test, you can either use a real USIM card (CONFIG_PCSC=y
in .config for wpa_supplicant) or a software simulator (Milenage) with
CONFIG_USIM_SIMULATOR=y.

Real USIM card would use a configuration like this:

network={
    key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
    eap=AKA'
    pin="1234"
    pcsc=""
}

While software simulator would use something like this:

network={
    key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
    eap=AKA'
    identity="0232010000000000"
    password="90dca4eda45b53cf0f12d7c9c3bc6a89:cb9cccc4b9258e6dca4760379fb82581:000000000123"
}