driver_ndis_.c patch (good compilation)

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Aug 10 08:28:26 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 07:41:13PM +0200, Sergio wrote:
> well, i have got a good cross-compilation, i provide my config file
> (configg) and src/drivers/driver_ndis_.c file, with the patch between
> /*INICIO PARCHE*/ and /*FIN PARCHE*/.

This patch should not be needed anymore with the current Git tree
version.

> 1.-See a file included in winpcap development files 4.0.2, called
> Devioctl.h which should be called devioctl although in beta version, the
> developers don't include it

I've copied devioctl.h into my local header file directory..

> 2.- WMI it's necessary (at least wmi core && wmi sdk, for windows)
>    2.1.- it's necessary Microsoft SDK\LibWbemUuid.Lib at least (it compile
> with only this lib)

Yes, or well, I think the file is WbenUuid.Lib (or at least that's the
one I have in my local library directory). I've also added WinSCard.Lib
for smartcard support.

>    2.2.- Microsoft SDK\include files are in upper letter but, those which
> are necessary (those which??) are referred with lower letter. The files
> are:
>        wbemidl.h
>        wbemcli.h
>        wbemprov.h
>        wbemtran.h
>        wbemdisp.h, which calls dispex.h
>    I've just copied it into i586-mingw32msvc/include/ddk directory

Yes, all needed in local header files at least with the MinGW w32api
version I'm using.

> -with openssl options, my header files can't be linked
>
> -DCONFIG_NDIS_EVENTS_INTEGRATED   -c
> -o ../src/crypto/tls_openssl.o ../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c
> ../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c:23:25: warning: openssl/ssl.h: No existe el
> fichero o el directorio

You need to have built and installed OpenSSL library for the cross
compiler.

> i don't understand it. also i've tried with header files and libraries from
> windows-openssl implementation

I would expect header files to be fine (just need to have on search
path), but I don't know whether the library files work as-is. I find it
easier to just cross compile OpenSSL and then use the matching
header/library files from that.

> -Is necessary to compile with pc/sc options to make work smartcard?? (i
> suspect yes)

Yes.

> -the compilation doesn't add ".exe" extensions, just add it into Makefile
> or later?

You can run 'make windows-bin' (or 'make wpa_supplicant.exe', etc.) if
you want make to rename the binaries to include .exe.