Session key refresh

ikiran k ikirank
Fri Apr 18 01:45:58 PDT 2008

Hi,
Thanks for the clarification.
When I say "session key" I meant for WPA-Enterprise do we support PTK
timing out and
do we refresh only the PTK key based on timer. For dynamic WEP do we
rotate pairwise keys based
on a timer. From your reply below setting eap_reauth_period would
refresh the session keys. Can you
let me know if my understanding on this is correct. When eap reauth period is
timedout do we refresh the broadcast keys as well. I am still
understanding the code. Can you
please clarify.

Thanks,
Kiran

Jouni Malinen --wrote

Which "session key" are you referring to? In case of IEEE 802.1X with
dynamic WEP keys and WPA-Enterprise, the pairwise/individual keys are
updating based on EAPOL/EAP re-authentication.