Problem in 4-Way Handshake

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Apr 12 08:10:08 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 05:10:04PM +0800, Jack Yip wrote:

> I want to ask why the windows version will always have 26 byte in the msg 2/4?
> Is the 26 bytes have special meaning?
> Do you understand what the 24bytes in our device means?

This is WPA/RSN IE and it needs to match with the one used in
(Re)Association Request. This IE is often generated in the driver and
because of this, it differs a bit based on which driver is used.
Two-octet difference in length is often because of the capabilities
field that is optional (and 16 bits in length).