wpa_supplicant problem in ad-hoc mode with madwifi

pierre dubois pierre_duboisss
Tue Sep 25 02:22:54 PDT 2007

Here is /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file:

  eapol_version=1
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
ap_scan=2
network={
    ssid="myadhoc"
    mode=1
    proto=WPA
    key_mgmt=WPA-NONE
    pairwise=NONE
    group=TKIP
      psk="abcdefgh"
}

  Notice that i tested also with ipw chipset and the mode is not changed automatically like that. When i typed iwconfig, i saw that the encryption key length is 128 bits in case of madwifi chipset, and 256 bits in case of ipw chipset. Could anybody explain me what happens?

  Ambedkar R <ambedkar_r at rediffmail.com> a ?crit :
    Hi,

Can you send the wpa-supplicant.conf.

Thanks