Roaming with WIRED connections

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis
Mon Sep 24 03:28:33 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'am running Etch with wpa-supplicant 0.6.0. My roaming wireless
connections are working, but I have the problem, that I cannot roam
though my wired connections.

At work I have 2 types of ethernet connections:

1. Free connection with DHCP
2. IEEE802X protected (over Radius) Ethernetport connection with DHCP

If the conncection is not protected, I never get an IP address. If I
start dhclient eth0 manually it works.

With the protected port, I get an IP address immediately.

My wpa_supplicant_eth0.conf is this:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
#eapol_version=1
ap_scan=0

network={
         key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
         id_str="khswired"
         eap=TLS
         identity="scit-acer"
         ca_cert="/etc/cert/ServiceCenter-IT_KHB_HfM_HfS-cacert.pem"
         client_cert="/etc/cert/scit-acer-cert.der"
         private_key="/etc/cert/scit-acer-key.der"
         eapol_flags=0
}

network={
         ssid=""
         key_mgmt=NONE
         id_str="openeth"

and my /etc/network/interfaces is this (only the eth0 lines):

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual
wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant_eth0.conf
wpa-driver wired

iface khswired inet dhcp

iface openeth inet dhcp

What could be the problem? I also left out the ssid="", but that was
still not the solution.

Please help
  TIA
Alex

--
ServiceCenter IT - Alexandros Gougousoudis (Leiter)

Gemeinsame Einrichtung der Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weissensee, Hochschule
f?r Musik "Hanns Eisler" und der Hochschule f?r Schauspielkunst "Ernst
Busch".

Tel.: 030 / 477 05 - 444 * Fax.: 030 / 477 05 - 445