Fix wpa_cli disconnect/reassociate race

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Sep 3 15:33:01 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 03:48:17PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:

> It's possible to trigger a race with the following steps:
>
>  1. start wpa_supplicant and wait for it to complete association
>  2. run "wpa_cli disconnect" and wait for it to disconnect
>  3. run "wpa_cli reassociate; wpa_cli disconnect"

Thanks for the report and fix. This sounds a like a corner case, but
anyway, getting connected after the last disconnect command is not
really expected behavior. I applied this to 0.6.x branch.

> I have also backported this to 0.5.x but I'll await review of this patch before
> sending it on.

The same patch seems to apply to 0.5.x branch with some fuzz and offset
differences. Was there something else that needed to be done for 0.5.x
or is that the only part of backporting needed?