wps_enrollee-20071029

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Oct 31 20:14:57 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 03:07:41PM -0700, Ted Merrill wrote:

> Here is the wps enrollee code that Atheros is currently developing.
> It was based upon the simpleconfig code i last sent you as well as the
> wpa_supplicant code.
> It could use some restructuring and is incorrect in places... i've noted some
> of the problems in the README file.
> It is not ready for use at this point, but may be close.

Thanks!

> Anyway, i'd appreciate if you could post this and then if we discuss how this
> could be re-architected to fit into the hostap tree.

It is now available at http://w1.fi/contrib/wps_enrollee-20071029.tgz

I took only a quick look at it now and will need to spend some more time
to be able to discuss in more details what would be best way to
integrate WPS functinality into the main tree.

If I understood correctly, this is taking in just the parts of
wpa_supplicant that is needed to implements WPS and the end result
(e.g., SSID + WPA PSK) would be used with another program.

Is this design (and/or future goals for it) limited to only using WPS
over EAP transport and only act as an enrollee in IEEE 802.1X
supplicant? Personally, I kind of like the idea of tightly integrated
WPS enrollee in wpa_supplicant, but I would expect large parts of the
WPS implementation to be re-usable for other transports and usage
scenarios.