Adding WPS support for hostapd / wpa_supplicant

Ted Merrill ted
Thu Oct 25 19:24:48 PDT 2007

A further thought.

The question will arise whether the software architecture of putting
the WPS details into a server such as wsccmd is a good idea, or
whether it should all be part of one program (i.e. the hostapd program).
Due to the time-consuming nature of the WPS crypto algorithms (depending of
course upon the cpu power of the host) i think it is best that these are done
in a separate thread from hostapd... using an entirely different process is a
perfectly reasonable thing to do.
It will of course also simplify entirely replacing wsccmd with something less
bloated, since the replacement can just be dropped in place.

-Ted Merrill
Atheros Communications