Hostapd on windows

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Oct 17 18:13:14 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:11:24PM +0530, Paresh Sawant wrote:

>          Is it possible to build hostapd on windows using NDIS or some other
> wlan lower layer (driver)mechanism, and make it run as an windows based
> access point? I have not come across any wireless access point on MS
> windows, is this really feasible?

Most NDIS drivers do not support AP mode, so this would likely require
changes to drivers, too.. Anyway, as far as hostapd itself is concerned,
it might be possible to build it with cygwin, but it has not been
modified to work under Windows in the same way as wpa_supplicant. There
will be more work, though, to get this actually working than just
getting the binary built.