CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed

Sukku m.sukumar
Fri Nov 30 01:22:20 PST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to test wpa_supplicant on fedora 6 with wired (Ethernet)
connection.

NIC details: RealTek RTL8139 chiptype RTL-8139B

wpa_supplicant.conf

ap_scan=0
network={
key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
eap=PEAP
identity=<username>"
password="<password>"
eapol_flags=0
}

I am trying with this command

wpa_supplicant -D wired -i eth0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
-dd

It is terminating with CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed

Output of above command:
-------------------------------------

ctrl_interface='/var/run/wpa_supplicant'
ap_scan=0
Line: 9 - start of a new network block
key_mgmt: 0x8
eap methods - hexdump(len=2): 04 00
identity - hexdump_ascii(len=4):
6b 61 73 69
password - hexdump_ascii(len=7): [REMOVED]
eapol_flags=0 (0x0)
Priority group 0
id=0 ssid=''
Initializing interface (2) 'eth0'
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: KEY_RX entering state NO_KEY_RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state DISABLED
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
wpa_driver_wired_init: Added multicast membership with packet socket
Own MAC address: 00:00:21:01:15:bb
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
Added interface eth0
EAPOL: External notification - portControl=Auto
Already associated with a configured network - generating associated event
Association info event
State: DISCONNECTED -> ASSOCIATED
Associated to a new BSS: BSSID=01:80:c2:00:00:03
No keys have been configured - skip key clearing
Network configuration found for the current AP
WPA: clearing AP WPA IE
WPA: clearing AP RSN IE
WPA: clearing own WPA/RSN IE
EAPOL: External notification - portControl=Auto
Associated with 01:80:c2:00:00:03
WPA: Association event - clear replay counter
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=1
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state IDLE
EAP: EAP entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state IDLE
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: txStart
TX EAPOL - hexdump(len=4): 01 01 00 00
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: txStart
TX EAPOL - hexdump(len=4): 01 01 00 00
EAPOL: idleWhile --> 0
EAP: EAP entering state FAILURE
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state AUTHENTICATING
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state FAIL
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state HELD
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state IDLE
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0
EAPOL: heldWhile --> 0
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state AUTHENTICATING
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state FAIL
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state HELD
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state IDLE
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0
EAPOL: heldWhile --> 0
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state AUTHENTICATING
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state FAIL
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state HELD
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state IDLE
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0
EAPOL: heldWhile --> 0

CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received
Removing interface eth0
State: ASSOCIATED -> DISCONNECTED
No keys have been configured - skip key clearing
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state DISABLED

When I try to trace packets at the time of this command

EAP request packets are coming from switch, but my FC6 unable to send EAP
response.

I am not getting where I got struck. plz help me.