Bugs in WPS Enrollee

Ted Merrill ted
Mon Nov 19 13:32:11 PST 2007

Venkat,

Thanks for the feedback.  That was code that Atheros had been using but it was
clearly of low quality.  I'm nearing completion of a rewrite which will be
much better.  I've also released a work-in-progress release which Jouni
placed at:
http://w1.fi/contrib/hostap-wps-20071112.tgz
Please keep in mind that this is far from finished but it is released in order
to get feedback.
It works (under Linux!) but has the following deficiencies (at least):
-- It does not do scanning, which is an important part of the WPS procedure
(you must specify the SSID to use).
-- Many operations are performed in the wps_enrollee program that would be
better done in the wpa_supplicant program.
-- It does not have any code to e.g. rewrite the wpa_supplicant configuration,
etc.

These problems will be addressed in my next release (how to save the results
of the WPS operation may take some more thought).

-Ted Merrill
Atheros Communications

Hi all,
I have tried to compile WPS Enrollee code(wps_enrollee-20071029.tgz) on
linux Environment, it's not compiled,
after i change "#include <linux/if.h> " as "#include <net/if.h>" in
l2_packet.h and ieee80211_ioctl.h it is working.

One more problem is in "wsc_parse_config(struct wsc_drv *wsc_drv, char
*config)" function, all local variables declared as 10 byte arrays,
And  trying copy 16 bytes of data , this is causing some corruption on
stack(Here i have replaced all buffers with single local buffer of
32bytes ).

Thanks,
-Venkat.U