reversion in recent wpasupplicant vs. intel 2011b ap (which advertises but does not support WPA)

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Nov 18 08:53:20 PST 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 05:11:35PM -0400, Brad Langhorst wrote:

> A year ago in this thread we found a way to work around a problem with
> intel 2011b access points that advertise support for WPA but do not
> actually support it at all.
>
> http://readlist.com/lists/shmoo.com/hostap/0/1176.html
>
> since then it look like jouni's fix has disappeared...

Thanks for reporting this!

> Jouni applied a fix that checked to see if the user allowed non WPA in
> her config, but i don't have a config file - instead I'm using
> NetworkManager (which visually shows me that it's not a WPA network).

It looks like this was broken in a cleanup change. I fixed the logic to
ignore the WPA/RSN IE if WPA is not enabled in the configuration.

http://w1.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=commitdiff;h=cce12b1fb7ca1f0ee7f18f1102ac93f82188f060