Deauthentication while connecting to RADIUS

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Nov 17 06:39:21 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 07:51:14AM +0100, Dennis Borgmann wrote:

> I do not see the point, why the AP rejects the authentication after a
> succeeded EAP-authentication.

> WPA: 00:14:85:da:c6:f1 WPA_PTK entering state INITPMK
> WPA: Could not get PMK
> WPA: 00:14:85:da:c6:f1 WPA_PTK entering state DISCONNECT

That "Could not get PMK" is the reason for the AP to reject the
connection. It looks like you are trying to use EAP-MD5 with WPA and
that is not going to work since EAP-MD5 does not generate any keying
material (which is the reason for the PMK not being available here). You
would need to change the EAP method to something that allows keying
material to be generated, e.g., EAP-TTLS with EAP-MD5 in the tunnel.