wps_enrollee-20071029

Ted Merrill ted
Tue Nov 6 20:41:35 PST 2007

Jouni,

Thank you very much, that is valuable information to have.
I haven't thought this through too far, but perhaps the way it should work
then is:
-- wpa_supplicant already running
-- separate software determines which wireless interface is being
 configured, the ssid to use for configuration as well as the security
 mode to use (push button or pin)
-- the separate software sends a wpa_ctrl request to begin WPS with the given
parameters.
-- wpa_supplicant then switches to using an open mode configuration with the
parameters passed
-- when associated, wpa_supplicant supports the WPS state machine until final
success or failure.
-- on failure, wpa_supplicant puts all back the way it was.
-- on success it gets a little more complicated... typically we will want to
save the new configuration to a file for later use, and begin using it
immediately as well, probably in preference to anything existing... but there
could be exceptions...

Also of course note that determining the ssid to use is best done by scanning,
filtering the results to find those that are "wps ready", and getting user OK
to proceed... presumeably this would use wpa_ctrl ...

-Ted