reassociation

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Nov 6 20:11:29 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 10:06:59AM +0530, Paresh Sawant wrote:

> I'm looking at wpa supplicant implementation on windows. I fail to
> understand adding pmkids in association/reassociation request.

wpa_supplicant configures the currently available PMKSAs to the NDIS
driver by generating a list of <BSSID,PMKID> pairs. It is up to the
driver to include the PMKID in the WPA/RSN IE when (Re)Association
Request is sent to a BSS that has a matching entry in the list.
wpa_supplicant will then learn from association information whether a
PMKID was used during association or not and based on this information,
knows whether to use PMKSA caching and skip the IEEE 802.1X/EAP
authentication.