wps_enrollee-20071029

Ted Merrill ted
Mon Nov 5 16:57:11 PST 2007

After reviewing Atheros' wps_enrollee code plus the lastest hostap code,
i've come to the conclusion that i should be using the wpa_ctrl interface in
my rewrite of wps_enrollee.
According to how the code is compiled, this can use pipe files, unix sockets,
localhost sockets or dbus, so it should match any situation.
Here is how it would work:
-- wpa_supplicant already running
-- separate software determines which writeless interface is being configured,
the ssid to use for configuration as well as the security mode to use (push
button or pin)
-- wps_enrollee is run, being passed this information.
-- wps_enrollee registers (via wpa_ctrl) to be called on assocation with ap.
-- wps_enrollee tells wpa_supplicant (via wpa_ctrl interface) to associate the
interface in open mode (required for WPS).
-- on association with ap, wps_enrollee state machine runs
-- when wps state machine is done and new configuration established,
wps_enrollee optionally writes to file and optionally tells wps_supplicant
directly the new parameters (via wpa_ctrl).

How does that sound?
-Ted