802.1x strange phenomenon

王奕元 dadai.cm91
Sun Nov 4 22:41:58 PST 2007

> EAP-MD5 does *not* generate anything for the WPA/WPA2 pairwise keys.
> You therefore *can't* use it in any wireless setup that requires dynamic
> keys generated at association time (i.e. all of them that would be using
> EAP).
>
> Try EAP-PEAP-MSCHAPv2; that seems to be fairly well supported by most
> RADIUS servers, and the PEAP part can generate a long random key.  (But
> anything that takes a username and password, other than EAP-MD5, should
> also work.)

Thanks for your advice.
Well,
do you know where can I find the 802.1X configure about Server,
Authenticator, and Supplicant using EAP-PEAP-MSCHAPv2?
I had found a page called "8021X-HOWTO",
but it can't work well as I following the steps.
Maybe it's my fault with setting.

Ask another question,
if I use EAP-PEAP-MSCHAPv2,
Can user connected by wired Ethernet also authentic by this method for
802.1X authentication?