Marvell 8686 with wpa-supplicant problem ...

ScottLiu scott_liu
Thu Nov 1 20:08:00 PDT 2007

Dan,

	Thanks for your comment, actually Marvell provided their own WPA-supplicant called wpa-supplicant 0.4.7 in the same tar file with driver but still cannot work, so I just tried wpa-supplicant0.6.0 but the same.
By the way, you mentioned that you worked with marvell refernece driver at this summer, I'm curious what situation when broken.
Does it the same situation with error logs(Invalid IOCTL) in my before mail list ?

I have looked into the driver and found no mapping IOCTL number between wpa-supplicant and marvell driver.
Does it means marvell reference driver not comply with wpa-supplicant ?

Best Regards,
Scott Liu

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Williams [mailto:dcbw at redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 3:41 AM
To: scott_liu at amit.com.tw
Cc: hostap at shmoo.com
Subject: RE: Marvell 8686 with wpa-supplicant problem ...

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 11:41 +0800, ScottLiu wrote:
> Dan,
>
> System kernel version is 2.4.21, so I used Marvell reference driver.

Marvell used to provide their own wpa_supplicant driver file, you can
find it "out there" somewhere.  I can 100% guarantee you that you cannot
do WPA with the marvell reference driver with the -Dwext option.

When I last worked with it (this summer) the reference driver was pretty
broken when used with wpa_supplicant.  I think Marvell has their own
supplicant.

Dan